Let's Get Started
Now that you have been admitted to UMUC, it's time to take the next steps to properly transition into your program. Before registering for your courses, make sure you have received the following:
- Admissions letter
- Advisor e-mail
- MyUMUC login instructions
If you have not received your admissions letter or advisor e-mail please contact Undergraduate Advisng. For MyUMUC login related questions please contact our Help@UMUC.
What is an EmplID?
- The EmplID is a unique student identification number.
- It is not your Social Security number.
- It will be sent to you via mail after you apply. You may also find it in the MyUMUC Student Portal.
- Please use your EmplID in all correspondence with the university.
MyUMUC—Your One-Stop Information Center
After being admitted to UMUC, you'll receive an e-mail with access instructions to the MyUMUC Student Portal, your one-stop student information center where you can
- Check your financial aid status
- Register for classes
- Update your personal information
- Find out about UMUC events
- Complete a host of other student transactions
Keep a copy of your access instructions handy, as you will need to visit the portal throughout your time at UMUC.
Academic Advising—Your First Point of Contact
UMUC has a well-trained advising team to assist you at different points of your academic journey.
After you have applied to UMUC, you should expect to receive an e-mail from an academic advisor with important details about getting started. You should also expect an advisor to follow up with you on preparing for your first semester.
Be sure to keep in touch with your advisor who can help you navigate your program while here at UMUC.
Please call 800-888-UMUC (8682) or e-mail Undergraduate Advising.
While your advisor may change over the course of your academic journey at UMUC, each advisor on our team is trained to help you with any questions
you may have.
Let’s Get Organized
Organization is a key factor in student success. Here are some quick tips to help you keep things in order.
- Sign up for a UMUC e-mail address to keep track of UMUC communications
- Bookmark your MyUMUC Student Portal page to have your personal data, finances, and class information readily available.
- Make a folder on your computer to store course-related documents.
- Sign up for a UMUC e-mail address to keep track of all university e-mails.
Keep your e-mail address and phone number current in the MyUMUC Student Portal.