How Refunds are Paid
Refunds are processed in the same manner in which you originally paid.
If you paid your balance with a credit card and are now due a refund, the funds will be returned to your credit card. Credit card refunds are processed weekly.
UMUC also offers direct deposit for tuition and Financial Aid refunds, so you can sign up to have your refunds deposited directly into your checking or savings account.
If you do not sign up for direct deposit in MyUMUC, a refund check will be mailed to your address on file with UMUC. Make sure that your address is correct by logging into MyUMUC and updating your personal information. This will ensure timely delivery of your refund. Refund checks are made payable to the student and are mailed from the State Comptroller's office.
Financial Aid refunds are processed automatically once your aid has been authorized for disbursement by Financial Aid. If your aid is not reflected on your student account in a disbursed status, you should contact the Financial Aid Office to check the status. Financial Aid disbursements are processed daily.
Refunds via Direct Deposit
To set up direct deposit, you need an active U.S. bank account, your routing number and your account number.
First, you must add your bank information to the system.
- Sign in to MyUMUC.
- Select To Student Portal > Student Center > Account Inquiry (located within Finances) > Account Services (tab on the top right) > Enroll in direct deposit.
- Create a nickname, complete all fields, and select Next.
- Read the agreement, select "Yes, I agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement," and select Submit.
- You will see a confirmation indicating the bank information was successfully added. Do not stop here!
Next, you must indicate that you want refunds deposited directly to the account or accounts you added.
- Select Proceed to enroll in direct deposit.
- Select the account(s) to which you want direct deposits sent, cselect Next, then Proceed to enroll in direct deposit.
- Read the Terms of Agreement, select "Yes, I agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement," and select Submit.
- You will see a confirmation indicating you are enrolled in direct deposit.
If you have questions about setting up direct deposit, please call 800-888-UMUC (8682) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you see your disbursement on your student account, the refund will be processed and directly deposited to your bank within three to five business days.