Penalties for Non-Payment
UMUC students are expected to make payment at the time of registration. If your payment is not received by the due date, you may be penalized by being disenrolled from your courses or having your account balance transferred to the State Central Collections Unit (SCCU).
Here's how you can avoid these and other penalties:
- Know when your payment is due. Your payment due date is based on when you enroll for the semester. To ensure that you are not penalized, please review the Payment Plan Due Date Schedule.
- Stay informed! You can access your student account information 24 hours a day, seven days a week by logging into MyUMUC. Payments can be made online and we accept all major credit cards and e-check.
- Officially withdraw from a course if you are no longer interested in taking it. Please do not depend on the disenrollment process to withdraw from a course.
- Follow-up on all of your payment arrangements. Make sure the funds are applied and your account balance stays $0.
- Make sure that you receive updates by confirming your e-mail address in the MyUMUC student portal:
- Contact Information
- E-Mail Addresses
- Don’t get sent to SCCU. Call or e-mail us if you are unable to make payment. We may be able to work out a payment option with you that would prevent your account from being sent to collections. The Collections department may be reached by e-mail at email@example.com.
Please note: Students who become delinquent with their Tuition Payment plans may be dropped from courses in the current or future semesters.