Requesting a Stop and Reissue of Your Refund Check

In the event that you need to request a stop payment/reissue, please read the important information below.

Requesting a stop payment/reissue is used when:

  • You need to trace a refund check to see if it was cashed. You can request a copy of the cashed check.
  • The check has been lost and you need the original check voided and a new check issued.

Important Things to Know About Requesting a Stop Payment/Reissue:

  • If you are requesting a stop payment on a check released from UMUC, you must certify that you have waited a minimum of 15 days before sending your request.
  • Once we have received and processed your stop payment form, the original check issued will be voided. Therefore, if you receive the check in the mail, you may not cash it. If you cash or deposit the check, you will be liable for all costs incurred by your financial institution; not UMUC.
  • The reissue of a check will take about 14–21 calendar days from the time in which it is requested.
  • Replacement checks or check copies will come from the State of Maryland’s Treasury Office, not UMUC.

Request a Stop Payment/Check Trace Request Form

The Stop Payment/Check Trace Request form may be completed and faxed to 301-985-7858, emailed to or mailed to:

University of Maryland University College
3501 University Blvd. East
Office of Student Accounts, Room 2241
Adelphi, MD 20783

Make sure to date and sign the form.