Employer-Provided Tuition Assistance
Many employers, including the military and federal government, provide tuition assistance to their employees. If you're part of a tuition assistance program, please complete the following two steps to submit your tuition assistance information to UMUC:
1. Complete or obtain a tuition assistance form.
This document can be a purchase order, standard form from your employer or tuition assistance contract on company letterhead. (A tuition assistance contract will not be accepted if it restricts payment or is in any way conditional.) Your tuition assistance form must contain the following information:
- A specific description of fees, charges, and the amount to be assumed by your employer, such as tuition, technology fee, application fee, schedule-adjustment fee, or late registration fee. No credit will be granted for any fees unless specified.
- Your name and UMUC identification number or Social Security number
- The semester or term covered by the document
- The billing address
- The signature and telephone number of the authorizing official
- Federal Tax identification (recommended)
2. Submit your tuition assistance form, at the time of registration, using one of the following methods:
- Web form (preferred): Visit http://help.umuc.edu. Click "Continue" under the "Open Case/Submit Documents" header. For Case Type, select "Billing/Payments." Under Assistance Category, select "Tuition Assistance." Complete the remainder of this form and attach your tuition assistance form. By providing us with the required information in this form, you'll help us expedite the processing time of your authorization.
- E-mail: Please e-mail your tuition assistance form using one of the following addresses: email@example.com (military tuition assistance), firstname.lastname@example.org (nonmilitary and government tuition assistance), and email@example.com (veteran tuition assistance).
- Fax: If fax is the only way you can submit your tuition assistance form, please fax it to 301-985-7858.
- Please allow 48 hours for your student account to be updated.
- Once your tuition assistance form is posted to your student account, the amount assumed by the agency is deferred to the agency account. No exchange of money has taken place at this time. UMUC reserves the right to reinstate all unpaid tuition assistance invoices back to the student account. You, the student, are ultimately responsible for all charges posted to your account.
- Effective June 1, 2007, tuition assistance forms that are not received within the allotted semester (fall, spring, or summer) will not be posted. Exceptions will be made for deployed soldiers or corrections.
Employer & Military Tuition Assistance
Financial Information for UMUC Asia and UMUC Europe Students
If you are enrolled at our Asian Division please review their website for additional information:
If you are enrolled at our European Division please review their website for additional information: