Employer-Provided Tuition Assistance
Many employers, military, and federal organizations provide tuition assistance to their employees. If you are a part of such a program, read below to learn more about submitting your tuition assistance information.
- Complete a Document of Authorization. This can be a purchase order, tuition assistance form, or contract on company letterhead. This document must contain the following information:
- A specific description of fees, charges, and the amount to be assumed by the agency, such as tuition, technology fee, application fee, schedule-adjustment fee, or late registration fee. No credit will be granted for any fees unless specified.
- Your name and UMUC ID/Social Security number
- The semester or term covered by the document
- The billing address
- The signature and telephone number of the authorizing official
- Federal Tax ID (recommended)
Please note that a tuition assistance contract will not be accepted if it restricts payment or is in any way conditional.
- Submit the tuition assistance contract at the time of registration using any of the following communication methods:
- Fax: 301-985-7858
- E-mail: email@example.com, on the subject heading please type: TA Form
Third Party Accounts, University of Maryland University College
3501 University Blvd Suite 2241
Adelphi, MD 20783
Please allow 48 hours for your student account to be updated.
IMPORTANT: Once a tuition assistance contract is posted to the student account, the amount assumed by the agency is deferred to the agency account. No exchange of money has taken place at this time. UMUC reserves the right to reinstate all unpaid tuition assistance invoices back to the student account. Please note that the student is ultimately responsible for all charges posted to their account.
Effective June 1, 2007, tuition assistance forms that are not received within the allotted semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) will not be posted. Exceptions will be made for deployed soldiers or for corrections.
Employer & Military Tuition Assistance
Financial Information for UMUC Asia and UMUC Europe Students
If you are enrolled at our Asian Division please review their website for additional information:
If you are enrolled at our European Division please review their website for additional information: