Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a tuition assistance (TA) form?
- Where do I get a TA form?
- What kind of information should be listed on the TA form?
- Where should I send my tuition assistance?
- What should I do if I do not have the tuition assistance document by the payment due date?
- When can I expect my tuition assistance to be applied?
- When will you send bill/invoice to my agency/sponsor for payment?
- Does UMUC accept tuition reimbursement agreements as proof of payment?
A TA form is an agreement between the student and agency/sponsor authorizing UMUC to bill the student's account charges to the agency/sponsor.
TA forms are provided by your employer. Please check with your HR department to confirm the process for applying for tuition assistance.
A specific description of fees, charges, and the amount to be assumed by the sponsor, such as tuition, application fee, schedule adjustment fee, or late registration fee. No credit will be granted for any fees unless specified.
It must also include:
- Your name and UMUC ID/SSN.
- The semester or term covered by the document.
- The billing address.
- The signature and telephone number of the authorizing official.
You must submit the document at the time of registration or fax the document if you are registering online to 301-985-7858 and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have an authorizing document when you register or by the payment due date, please make payment arrangements to pay the bill in full. UMUC offers an interest-free monthly TuitionSelect Payment Plan administered by Educational Computer Systems Inc. (ECSI). The TuitionSelect payment plan gives you financial flexibility by allowing you to spread out payments for tuition and fees over several months. To learn more about this payment plan and to apply online, please visit the ECSI Web site or call 866-927-1438 (toll-free) to speak with a friendly, knowledgeable customer care representative.
Tuition assistance will be applied to your account within 48 hours of receipt of the TA form. If your account does not reflect your tuition assistance payment after 72 hours, please contact our office at 800-888-UMUC (8682) and select "option 2."
Invoices will be sent to the agencies after the add/drop period, approximately one month after the class start date.
No. Tuition reimbursement is an arrangement between you and your employer. You are responsible to pay your tuition by the due date regardless of whether your employer has reimbursed you.