Golden ID Program
Senior Citizen Benefits
Participants in the Golden Identification program may register for credits (up to 7 credits for undergraduate and 6 credits for graduate courses) each semester—on a space available basis—without paying tuition. However, students are liable for any additional fees (e.g., EXCEL fees).
To qualify, you must meet these requirements:
- Be a resident of Maryland
- Be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident
- Be 60 years old by the beginning date of the semester for which you are applying
- Not be employed more than 20 hours a week
- Meet all requirements for admission
- Benefits do not apply to Master of Business Administration; Master of Science in Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Policy or Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigations; Executive Programs; or 800-level courses.
Mail, fax, touch-tone and online registration are not available for Golden ID students, who must register in person. Please contact the site where you plan to register to determine the exact dates of registration.
The Golden ID eligibility form must accompany the application for admission. Also, you should be aware that you must be certified each semester for Golden ID benefits. To request an application and a Golden ID eligibility form, contact New Student Advising.