Connect with a Career Advisor
Career Advisors can assist current UMUC students and alumni in the following ways:
- Develop career plans and offer career change advice
- Provide job search strategies
- Critique finished résumés and cover letters
- Help prepare for an interview
- Provide information on career events and job tools
- Facilitate a career mentor connection between a student and alumnus/a
Please see below to set up an appointment in person, or via telephone, e-mail, or video through our CareerQuest platform.
Set Up In-Person, Telephone, Video, or Email Appointments
All career advising appointments can be scheduled anytime online via CareerQuest. Once you have created a profile, please follow these steps:
- Visit CareerQuest to access your profile.
- In the main menu, choose "Career Advisor."
- Choose the career advisor you would like to meet with, and click "Let's Connect." You can filter by a variety of items to find a career advisor best suited to your needs. View each advisor's full profile for more information.
- Follow the instructions to indicate the purpose of your advising session, what method of meeting you would like to use, and what time you would like to meet. If you have questions, please e-mail or call Career Services at 240-684-2720.