Connect with a Career Advisor
Career Advisors can assist students and alumni in the following ways:
- Develop career plans and offer career change advice
- Provide job search strategies
- Critique finished résumés and cover letters
- Help prepare for an interview
- Provide information on career events and job tools
- Facilitate a career mentor connection between a student and alumnus through the Career Mentor Program
Please see below to set up an appointment in person, or via telephone, e-mail, or Skype.
Set Up In-Person, Telephone, or Skype Appointments
Now, you can self-schedule your career advising appointments anytime online via CareerQuest. In order to schedule an appointment, you must be registered in CareerQuest. Once you have created a profile, please follow these steps:
- Visit CareerQuest to access your profile.
- Ensure your résumé is uploaded to your CareerQuest account. You will not be able to choose an appointment time without selecting your uploaded résumé. You can upload your résumé by accessing "My Documents.
- On the left side of your CareerQuest home page, choose "Make an Appointment" from the navigation menu. This link is nested under "I want to…"
- Choose the method of your appointment: in-person, telephone, or Skype.
- Follow the instructions on the appointment scheduling page to choose an appointment time and to complete your request. If you have questions, please e-mail or call Career Services at 240-684-2720.
Set Up an E-mail Appointment
To begin your e-mail feedback request or to schedule an appointment, you need to have a CareerQuest account.
- In order to schedule an appointment, you must be registered with CareerQuest.
- Please fill out the form below to request e-mail feedback or to ask questions. Be sure to complete the "Additional Information" section so we can better serve you.