Poetry and Poster Contest
In conjunction with National Career Development Month, UMUC is sponsoring a poetry and poster contest. Submit your creative work to the Office of Career Services for a chance to be entered in the National Career Development Association's 47th Annual Poetry and Poster Contest.
Each entry should celebrate and inspire career development with a positive tone while emphasizing the national theme. Winning entries will be sent to the NCDA state-wide contest; first-, second-, and third-place winners of the state-wide contest will be sent to the nation-wide NCDA contest.
All entries must be received by November 30, 2012.
Entry Instructions and Requirements
Poster submissions can mailed to Career Services at
University of Maryland University College
3501 University Blvd. East
Adelphi, MD 20783
Poster entries may also be scanned and sent via e-mail to email@example.com
(Subject: NCD Month Entry).
Be sure to include your student EmplID with all submissions.
Requirements for Poems
- Poetic Form: Any acceptable poetic form (e.g. cinquain, free verse, diamante, haiku, limerick, metered, rhyming, blank verse) may be submitted.
- Length: Each poem must fit on a single sheet of 8.5" x 11" paper, using a 12-point font.
Requirements for Posters
- Lettering: Simple, bold lettering is preferred. Captions should be used to convey the theme, attract attention, and to achieve goals of clarity, vigor and originality. All lettering will be considered part of the design.
- Category 1 (C1): Standard use of ink, pencil, poster paints, magic marker, acrylics, and oils
- Category 2 (C2): Use of photos, clipart, graphic art software, collage, cut and pasted paper, and mixed media
- Size: Each poster must be created in 8.5" x 11" format, including matte, to be eligible.