How to Join SHRM
Any UMUC student who has an interest in human resource management and is enrolled in at least 6 credits per semester (fall and spring) can join the UMUC Student Chapter of SHRM.
Joining SHRM is a two-step process, detailed below. First, complete the student application on the SHRM National Web site. Then return to this Web page to join UMUC's SHRM Chapter and to enjoy the benefits of being both a member of SHRM and your UMUC Chapter.
Step 1: Join SHRM
Complete the student application on the SHRM National Web site.
- Visit www.shrm.org/students.
- Click on the link, "Join SHRM as a Student."
- Click on the link, "New Student Application." Complete the application.
- Make sure you include UMUC's chapter number, #5578, on the application.
- You will be asked to submit the $35 membership fee and a copy of your course schedule in order to complete your membership.
- Return to this site and complete Step 2 to join the UMUC local chapter (#5578)
Step 2: Join the UMUC SHRM Chapter
Complete the local chapter application below.
Note: Before completing Step 2, you will first need to complete Step 1 to receive your National SHRM MemberID. However, you will want to complete both forms in order to enjoy the benefits of being part of the UMUC SHRM Chapter Study Group within HRMN900, the Human Resource Management Student Club and the local chapter list.
EmplID (Student ID/Faculty ID)
You will be required to enter your EmplID (also known as your student or faculty ID number). To locate your EmplID, log in to MyUMUC (https://my.umuc.edu) and select MyInfo and then "Display My EmplID."
Please fill out all required fields.