Joey A. Gibbons – 2013-15 Student Advisory Council Representative, Europe
Joey A. Gibbons was born in Sarasota, Florida. He joined the United States Army in 1980. He served over 26years in positions of increasing responsibility, both overseas and in the U.S., cumulating as the Senior Enlisted Advisor for the Force Health Protection Office at the Europe Regional Medical Command. He was awarded the Legion of Merit and is a recipient of the Order of Medical Merit (O2M3). He currently works for the Installation Management Command-Europe (IMCOM-E) as a current Operations Specialist, in Sembach, Germany.
Joey completed a General Studies Associate of Arts degree from the University of Maryland University College (UMUC) in 2002. In 2004, Joey completed a Bachelor of Science degree in Management Studies UMUC. In 2006, Joey earned a Master of Human Relations, from the University of Oklahoma. He graduated from the Army Management Staff College, Civilian Education System (CES) Intermediate Course in 2009 and the CES Advance Course in 2010. In 2012, Joey completed a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Resource Management from UMUC and he is currently pursuing an additional (his third) Bachelor's degree from UMUC, in Communications. Joey is an active community and university volunteer serving in the following roles:
- UMUC Student Advisory Council (STAC) Chair 2015
- UMUC University Advisory Council (UAC) member 2013
- UMUC Coaching Undergraduates for Success and Persistence Program, mentor 2013
- American Red Cross Instructor 2005 to 2014
- American European Racquetball Association (AERA) President 2011 to 2012
- AERA Member-at-Large
- Kaiserslautern Military Community Retiree Council Secretary since 2014
Joey enjoys helping people and as the STAC Chair, he will strive to be an advocate for the UMUC student body.