Keisha Payton – 2012-13 Student Advisory Council Representative, Stateside
Keisha Payton resides in Midlothian, Virginia, with her husband. She and her husband are both graduate students enrolled in the Master of Business Administration program in The Graduate School at University of Maryland University College (UMUC). Keisha is employed as a medical technologist, performing clinical tests on physiological samples to help physicians provide quality patient care.
Keisha earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology from Virginia Commonwealth University and a Master of Science in Healthcare Administration from UMUC. While a student at UMUC, Keisha earned honors, including becoming a member of the National Scholars Honor Society in 2009 and the National Society of Leadership and Success in 2012.
In addition to being a graduate student, Keisha is active in community service projects and other extracurricular activities, including the following:
- Member, Junior League of Richmond, 2012–present
- Student Mentor, UMUC Allies, 2011–present
- Vice Chair, UMUC Student Advisory Council, 2013
- Member, UMUC University Advisory Council, 2012–2013
- Planning Committee Member, National Kidney Foundation (VA office)
- Organ Donation Advocate for LifeNet Health and United Network for Organ Sharing
Keisha enjoys the diverse student population and the adult learning environment at UMUC and continues to work to voice the concerns of the student body.