Keisha Payton – 2012-15 Student Advisory Council Representative, Stateside
Keisha Payton resides in Midlothian, Virginia, with her husband. She is employed a pathology.
Keisha earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology from Virginia Commonwealth University. She earned a Master of Science in Healthcare Administration from UMUC in 2012 and a Master of Business Administration from UMUC in 2013. As a student at UMUC, Keisha was selected to become a member of several honor societies based on her leadership skills and academic record. These include:
- The National Scholars Honor Society (2009)
- The National Society of Leadership and Success (2012)
- International Distinguished Scholars (2012)
Keisha has been a member of the Student Advisory Council since 2011, where she served as vice chair for two years. Previously, she was a member of the University Advisory Council in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- Keisha's other memberships and community activities include:
- Member, Junior League of Richmond, 2012–present
- Member, Central Virginia Healthcare Executives Group, 2012–present
- Member, UMUC Allies Mentoring Program, 2011–present
- Planning committee member, National Kidney Foundation (VA office)
- Organ Donation Advocate, LifeNet Health, 2011–present
- Member, National Black MBA Association, 2015
Keisha enjoys the diverse student population and the adult learning environment at UMUC and continues to work to voice the concerns of the student body.