Robb Wilmot – 2012-13 Student Advisory Council Representative, Stateside
Robb Wilmot is a husband, father, state employee, entrepreneur, community volunteer and UMUC student. In addition to managing the training department for the Maryland Judiciary's Judicial Information Systems, he has been running his own business, Mapatazi, since 1999 as a contract educator, consultant, instructional designer and keynote speaker.
In the summer of 2009, Robb and a classmate became the first undergraduate students to be featured on the cover of the UMUC Alumni Magazine, Achiever. Robb holds two degrees from UMUC; he graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2009 with a Bachelor of Science in computer studies. Additionally, he earned a Master of Distance Education in 2011. Currently, Robb is pursuing a Doctor of Management. In 2012, Robb was inducted into The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi.
In his previous professional life, Robb worked as a YMCA director, a job that prepared him for his current volunteer role as a committee leader for his local Scout group. In addition to his position as a Scout organizer, Robb has a long history of volunteerism locally, nationally and internationally, having served as a
- Red Cross volunteer throughout the '80s and '90s
- YMCA board member in the '90s and 2000s
- World Figure Skating Champions Organizing Committee member in 2003
- UMUC Allies Peer Mentoring Program volunteer from 2008 to present
- UMUC Presidential Discussion Panelist for Faculty Development Program in 2009
- State Judiciary Diversity Fair Committee member from 2010 to 2012
- National Bring Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day local committee chair
Robb believes in UMUC's mission and continues to serve in a variety of volunteer roles to help the institution and other students.