UMUC Is a Member of the
University System of Maryland
A degree earned at University of Maryland University College carries respect and recognition across the nation and around the world, thanks in part to our membership in the University System of Maryland and our status as a nonprofit public state school.
The University System of Maryland, or USM, is the state's public higher education system. Benefiting students, as well as Maryland and its citizens, USM:
- Offers expansive access to affordable high-quality educational opportunities.
- Instills a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Promotes economic growth and workforce development.
- Performs groundbreaking research.1
With innovative academic models, expansive partnerships, and ongoing cost containment, enrollment at USM institutions increased more than 13 percent from 2007 to 2012.1
Most public universities in the state belong to USM, which was formed in 1988 and supports, guides, and advances university efforts to provide high-quality higher education in the state of Maryland.
Degree-Granting Member Institutions
of the University System of Maryland
- Bowie State University
- Coppin State University
- Frostburg State University
- Salisbury University
- Towson University
- University of Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- University of Maryland University College
1 Source: "2012-13 Profile," University System of Maryland.