University of Maryland University College (UMUC) offers a generous benefits package with plenty of options. Employee premiums depend upon the coverage selected and the number of family members covered. Here is a brief snapshot of what’s available.
Eight health plan options (with vision benefits included) from which to choose
- Two preferred provider organization (PPO) plans
- Three point-of-service (POS) plans
- Three exclusive provider organization (EPO) plans
- Covers the cost of approved prescription drugs at participating Catalyst Rx pharmacies subject to nominal copayments
- Allows you to order prescriptions through Walgreens Mail Service
Two dental plans available from United Concordia
- Dental preferred provider organization (DPPO) plan
- Dental health maintenance organization (DHMO) plan
Flexible Spending Accounts
Allows you to pay for medical and/or dependent care expenses with pretax dollars
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Offered through Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
- No medical exam required
- Provides coverage for accidents that occur on or off the job
Long-Term Care Insurance
- Offered through Prudential Insurance Company of America
- No medical exam required for newly hired employees during their initial 60-day eligibility period
- Available to all active employees and state retirees and their qualified family members, including spouses, adult children, siblings, and parents and grandparents (in-laws included)
Term Life Insurance
Offered through two companies
- Twenty-two (22) days of annual leave
- Three (3) personal days and one (1) or more floating holidays per calendar year
- Fifteen (15) sick days per calendar year
- Fourteen (14) state holidays (15 in a general election year)
Newly hired employees must choose one of two plans
- Optional Retirement Program
- State contributes 7.25 percent of your salary
- Funds must be invested through TIAA-CREF or Fidelity Investments
- Maryland State Retirement and Pension System (MSRPS)
- State contributes an actuarially determined amount to your MSRPS account
- Employees are required to make a pre-tax contribution to the pension plan
In addition to selecting a mandatory retirement plan, employees may elect to participate in a supplemental retirement annuity (SRA) plan where they decide on a dollar amount to contribute biweekly, pretax.
They may participate in a
- 401(k) savings/investment plan
- 403(b) tax-deferred annuity plan, or a
- 457(b) deferred compensation plan.
The vendors are
- Fidelity Investments, and
- Maryland Supplemental Retirement Plans with Nationwide as the administrator.
- All regular faculty and staff, including full-time or part-time (50 percent time or more) employees, are immediately eligible.
- Spouses and dependent children are eligible after two years.
Spouse and Dependent Scholarship
- Immediate eligibility/no waiting period
- Tuition covered for one undergraduate or graduate course per semester here at UMUC
- Only applicable when tuition remission is not available
For more information and questions, please contact
University of Maryland University College Office of Human Resources 3501 University Boulevard East Adelphi, MD 20783 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please Note: You must enroll in these benefits within the first 60 days of employment or during the open enrollment period.
University of Maryland University College actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, religion, color, creed, gender, marital status, age, national origin, political affiliation, mental or physical disability, or sexual orientation.