Faculty Honors and Awards
When you join UMUC, you become part of an award-winning team known for its leadership in online teaching and cutting-edge instruction. UMUC proudly recognizes the accomplishments of its faculty through several Faculty Awards programs.
UMUC Faculty Awards
External Faculty Awards
- University System of Maryland (USM)
- Board of Regents Faculty Awards
- University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)
- Association Awards
- Communities of Practice Awards
UMUC programs and curriculum provide an award-winning platform for our faculty. Awards and recognitions come from prestigious organizations such as the Sloan Consortium for Excellence, the University of Continuing Education Association (UCEA), the National Security Agency (NSA), and the Department of Homeland Security.
Read below to see just some of the areas where UMUC is being recognized.
Sloan Consortium Award for Excellence
- Winner of the highest honor in Web education, the "Sloan Consortium Award for Excellence in Institution-Wide Asynchronous Learning Network Programming".
- MBA program named “Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program” by the Sloan Consortium. Winner of the "Excellence in Faculty Development for Online Teaching Award" from the Sloan Consortium.
University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)
- Winner of the "Business/Leadership/Government Linkage Award" from the UCEA.
- Winner of the "National Outstanding Credit Program Award" from the UCEA.
- MS in environmental management and MS in biotechnology studies each named “Best Developed Program” by the UCEA.
Additional Prestigious Awards and Recognitions
- Winner of the "Prize of Excellence" from the International Council for Open and Distance Education for the “highest possible excellence in the fields of open, distance, virtual, and flexible learning”.
- Named a "National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education" by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security.
- LIBS 150 Information Literacy and Research Methods named “Best Distance Learning Course” by the Maryland Distance Learning Association.
- Named a leader in higher education for minority students by Black Issues in Higher Education magazine.