Step 2: Benefits and Retirement Information
In this section, you will find all the information you need to make an informed decision about your employee benefits and retirement options. Bring your completed benefits and retirement packet, and all specified information with you on your first day of orientation. Please complete all forms in black ink.
Contingent II Employees – Benefits and Retirement Information
Download the New Employment Orientation Contingent II Employees [ppt]
A. Benefits Enrollment Information and Forms
B. Designation of Beneficiary Forms
C. Other Forms and Information
- Affidavit for Dependent Eligibility and Tax Status
- Domestic Partner Affidavit
- Domestic Partner Affidavit Notary Form
- Domestic Partner's Dependent Child Tax Affidavit
- Domestic Partner's Dependent Child Documentation Checklist
D. Plan Web sites
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans
- Aetna Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Plans
- Behavioral Health (MD State Code: SOM2002)
- Express Scripts
- United Concordia DHMO and DPPO
- Long Term Care Insurance (group name: Maryland; password: marylandltc)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Term Life Insurance Plan
- UNUM Insurance Plans
E. Tuition Remission Information
As a UMUC employee, you are eligible to receive tuition remission for courses taken at either University of Maryland University College or University of Maryland College Park. To find out more, speak with your human resources specialist on the first day of orientation.
Tuition is not subject to taxation for employees enrolled in graduate-level coursework, with the exception of any amounts exceeding $5,250 per calendar year. For spouses and dependents taking graduate-level coursework, the employee is subject to taxation for the entire amount. If you exceed the IRS taxable limit, or your spouse or dependent takes graduate courses, you will be responsible for any applicable taxes.
F. Retirement Information
All employees may enroll in a Supplemental Retirement Annuity (SRA) plan. You may choose the Fidelity, MSRP or TIAA CREF plans outlined below and enroll anytime by e-mailing email@example.com.
Bring all questions regarding benefits and retirement enrollment with you on your first day.