Classes and Services
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) offers undergraduate classes and student services at Fort Belvoir in Virginia. This site is located on a military installation. Please call this location to receive information on base access. In some instances, a FERPA waiver form may be required.
- Take 95 South to Fairfax Parkway/Backlick Road (7100), exit 166 A
- Take the Fairfax County Parkway to its end at U.S. Route 1 (Richmond Highway) and turn left
- At the first light, turn right in to the Fort Belvoir Tulley Gate entrance
- UMUC is located in the Barden Education Center, 9625 Belvoir Road, Building 1017, Room 128
Librarians are available via e-mail, chat, phone and instant message. For more information and to access the online catalog, more than 125 research databases and view tutorials on how to conduct research, please visit the UMUC library online.
This location offers the following types of testing services for members of the military and the civilian community with base access:
- Placement testing for writing and math courses on a walk-in basis.
- Proctoring services for non-UMUC students.
Please call to schedule an appointment.
Advising is available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays during normal office hours. Please call our office at (703) 781-0059 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
If you do not have a military ID, call 301-621-9882 or 410-551-0431 for information on base entry. Due to recent conditions of heightened security, civilian students taking UMUC classes on military bases may be required to complete a waiver in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) permitting UMUC to provide personal information (i.e., Social Security number, address, and telephone number) to the military administration. You may find the FERPA waiver form online.