Classes and Services
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) offers undergraduate classes and student services at Fort Belvoir in Virginia. This site is located on a military installation. Please call this location to receive information on base access. In some instances, a FERPA waiver form may be required.
- Take 95 S to Fairfax County Parkway/7100 to exit 166A.
- Take Fairfax County Parkway to its end at US Rt. 1/Richmond Hwy and turn left.
- At first light, turn right into the Ft. Belvoir Tulley Gate.
- After going through the Tulley Gate, follow the road until it ends at Belvoir Rd.
- Turn right onto Belvoir Rd., The Barden Education Center is on your left.
Librarians are available via e-mail, chat, phone and instant message. For more information and to access the online catalog, more than 125 research databases and view tutorials on how to conduct research, please visit the UMUC library online.
This location offers the following types of testing services for members of the military and the civilian community with base access:
- Placement testing for writing and math courses on a walk-in basis.
- Proctoring services for non-UMUC students.
Placement and proctoring testing is available by appointment only. Please call to schedule an appointment.
Please call our office at (703) 781-0059 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
If you do not have a military ID, call 301-621-9882 or 410-551-0431 for information on base entry. Due to recent conditions of heightened security, civilian students taking UMUC classes on military bases may be required to complete a waiver in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) permitting UMUC to provide personal information (i.e., Social Security number, address, and telephone number) to the military administration. You may find the FERPA waiver form online.