Academic Center at Largo
UMUC's Academic Center at Largo offers on-site classes, in-person librarian assistance and on-site advising during business hours. Other amenities include computer labs, an auditorium, an on-site cafeteria and free student parking. In addition, the building houses offices for The Undergraduate School, The Graduate School, Financial Aid and the Office of Enrollment Management.
The student entrance is at the rear of the building. Office hours are Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–8 p.m., and Saturday 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
From the Capital Beltway (I-495/95), merge on to Landover Road/Road/MD-202 via exit 17A toward Upper Marlboro. Proceed in the right lane, then turn right on McCormick Drive. Proceed approximately one-fourth of a mile to 1616 McCormick Drive on the right.
Parking is available in the rear lot for students. Visitors will park in the front of the building and check in and out with security at the front entrance.
To travel to the Academic Center at Largo by Metro, take the Blue Line to Largo Town Center. The building is within walking distance to the Metro station, or you can take a quick Metro bus ride to the building. Metro bus stops are adjacent to the property boundary. View the Metro bus schedule.
Note: Route 21 services the Academic Center at Largo. Buses operate Monday through Friday. No service is provided on Saturdays, Sundays or major holidays.
Advisors are available Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–8 p.m., and Saturday, 8:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
Call 800-888-UMUC (8682) for an advising appointment.
With the support and resources of Career Services, UMUC students, alumni and employers attain their career-related needs and goals. For more information, visit the Career Services Web site.
The Academic Center at Largo has a computer lab equipped with 32 workstations in room 1420.
Monday through Friday
11 a.m.–8 p.m.
9 a.m.–3 p.m.
There are also three classroom instruction labs (rooms 1350, 1360 and 1410) with 29 workstations each.
A library public services area is available at the Academic Center at Largo. Librarians can still be contacted 24 hours a day, seven days a week via e-mail and chat. Please see the Ask a Librarian page for more information.
National Testing Center
The National Testing Center is open to the public.
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Note: The last test is given at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturdays, 8:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
Testing Services for UMUC Students
- Placement tests
- Computerized CLEP testing is available by appointment only, Monday through Friday, 11 a.m.–1 p.m. and 2–4p.m. To schedule an appointment, call 240-684-2600 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- DDST and Pearson Vue testing will be offered in the future
Proctoring Services for Non-UMUC Students
Non-UMUC students may take a proctored exam after completing the non-UMUC student registration form.
The Academic Center at Largo has its own security team, responsible for
- Safety and security of the building and its occupants
- Emergency response
- Access control
- Incident documentation
- Alarm monitoring
The security office is located at the front of the building entrance, to the left of the security desk (room 1213).
- For emergencies, report a crime or for an escort call the UMUC Security Department at 240-684-2911 (x2911 from any on-campus phone) or 911.
- To receive text alerts for emergencies, severe weather alerts, crime alerts and school closings, please sign up for the UMUC emergency notification system at alert.umuc.edu
- UMUC Largo Security hours of operation:
- Monday–Friday: 7 a.m.–11 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m.–4 p.m.