Academic Center at Largo
Modified Holiday Hours of Operation
Advising will be closed on several days between December 24, 2014 to January 5, 2015 except for the following dates, which will have modified hours of operation:
- Monday, December 29, 2014: advising and walk-in hours from
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 30, 2014: advising and walk-in hours from
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 31, 2014: advising and walk-in hours from
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Regular hours of operation resume on January 5, 2015.
UMUC's Academic Center at Largo offers on-site classes, in-person librarian assistance and on-site advising during business hours. Other amenities include computer labs, an auditorium, an on-site cafeteria and free student parking. In addition, the building houses offices for The Undergraduate School, The Graduate School, Financial Aid and the Office of Enrollment Management.
The Academic Center at Largo is open
- Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
Note: Please use the student entrance at the rear of the building.
From the Capital Beltway (I-495/95), merge on to Landover Road/Road/MD-202 via exit 17A toward Upper Marlboro. Proceed in the right lane, then turn right on McCormick Drive. Proceed approximately one-fourth of a mile to 1616 McCormick Drive on the right.
Parking is available in the rear lot for students. Visitors will park in the front of the building and check in and out with security at the front entrance, unless attending an Open House event. Visitors attending an Open House will park in the rear student lot, which is closer to the entrance where these events are held.
To travel to the Academic Center at Largo by Metro, take the Blue Line to Largo Town Center. The building is within walking distance to the Metro station, or you can take TheBus to the building. TheBus stops are adjacent to the property boundary. View TheBus schedule.
Note: Route 21 services the Academic Center at Largo. Buses operate Monday through Friday. No service is provided on Saturdays, Sundays or major holidays.
Advisors are available:
- Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–8 p.m.
Holiday advising hours:
- Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 27, 2014, Closed
- Friday, November 28, 2014, Closed
- Friday, December 12, 2014, 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 24, 2014, Closed
- Thursday, December 25, 2014, Closed
- Friday, December 26, 2014, Closed
- Monday, December 29, 2014, 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 1, 2015, Closed
- Friday, January 2, 2015, Closed
Call 800-888-UMUC (8682) for an advising appointment.
With the support and resources of Career Services, UMUC students, alumni and employers attain their career-related needs and goals. For more information, visit the Career Services Web site.
The Academic Center at Largo has a computer lab equipped with 32 workstations in room 1420.
Computer Lab Hours
- Monday-Friday, 11 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday, Closed
There are also three classroom instruction labs (rooms 1350, 1360 and 1410) with 29 workstations each.
A library public services area is no longer available at the Academic Center at Largo. Librarians can still be contacted via appointment, phone, e-mail and chat. Please see the Ask a Librarian page for more information.
The Testing Center is open to UMUC students.
- Mondays, 11:30 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Note: The last test is given at 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday through Friday, 11:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
Note: The last test is given at 3:30 p.m.
Testing Services for UMUC Students
The Academic Center at Largo has its own security team, responsible for
- Safety and security of the building and its occupants
- Emergency response
- Access control
- Incident documentation
- Alarm monitoring
The security office is located at the front of the building entrance, to the left of the security desk (room 1213).