Travis Air Force Base
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) offers student services at Travis Air Force Base in California. This site is located on a military installation. Please call this location to receive information on base access. In some instances, a FERPA waiver form may be required.
National Testing Center
UMUC's National Testing Center is open Monday through Thursday with tests beginning at 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
This location offers the following types of testing services for members of the military and the civilian community with base access:
- Placement testing for writing and math courses on a walk-in basis.
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) on a walk-in basis.
- DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) on a walk-in basis. Note: The public speaking exam is available by appointment only. Please call to schedule an appointment.
- Pearson VUE, including Excelsior College Examinations (formerly Regents College or ACT/PEP), by appointment only. Schedule an appointment at pearsonvue.com/military.
- Proctored exams for students transferring from UMUC Europe or UMUC Asia.
This location also offers proctoring services for non-UMUC students. Please call to schedule an appointment.
Librarians are available via e-mail, chat, phone and instant message. For more information and to access the online catalog, more than 125 research databases and view tutorials on how to conduct research, please visit the UMUC library online.
Security and Civilian Waiver
If you do not have a military ID, call 301-621-9882 or 410-551-0431 for information on base entry. Due to recent conditions of heightened security, civilian students taking UMUC classes on military bases may be required to complete a waiver in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) permitting UMUC to provide personal information (i.e., Social Security number, address, and telephone number) to the military administration. You may find the FERPA waiver form online.