University of Maryland, College Park
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) offers both undergraduate and graduate classes on the campus of University of Maryland, College Park (UMD). Classes are held in various locations on campus.
From I-95, take Exit 25B (U.S. Route 1 South). Continue on Route 1 until you see the UMD campus on your right. To locate your classroom, refer to the map of the campus.
If your class meets on the College Park campus on weekdays after 4 p.m. or anytime on the weekend, you do not need a UMCP parking permit. During those times, you may park in any unrestricted lot including Lots 1b, 1c, 1d, 2g, 4i, 4j, 4n, 4m, 5a, 5b, 6, 9b, 10, 11b, 11c and 11h, as well as Regents Garage. Be sure to pay attention to signs at the entrance to all parking locations for possible restrictions, as this information may change throughout the semester.
If you are taking a UMUC course that meets weekdays at College Park before 4 p.m., you can only acquire a free parking permit for Lot 4 by presenting a photocopy of your itemized UMUC bill to the Department of Campus Parking at UMCP. Meters are in effect 7 a.m.-10 p.m., Monday-Friday. For more information, call 301-314-PARK (7275).
If you are visiting UMUC offices in Adelphi, parking is available in the adjacent garage. The garage is accessible from either east-bound University Boulevard or from Campus Drive.
Computer labs are available at the Academic Center at Largo. The labs are available Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more details, call 800-888-UMUC (8682).
In the libraries on the UMD campus, including McKeldin Library, you can access the online catalog of the University System of Maryland (USM), more than 100 databases (over 50 of which provide the full text of journal and newspaper articles) and tutorials on how to conduct research. USM library materials can be delivered for pickup at any UMD library. UMUC librarians are located in the McKeldin Library, Room 6259, to assist you with your research needs. Visit http://www.umuc.edu/library/libask/hours.cfm for more information on librarian locations and hours. Call 800-888-UMUC (8682), ext. 7209, for more information.
- For emergencies or to report a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 301-405-3333 (x53333 from any on-campus phone)
- For an escort, call the Department of Public Safety at 301-405-3555 (x43555 from any on-campus phone)
- While on or near campus, callers who dial #3333 from their mobile phones with service provided by Verizon Wireless, Sprint/Nextel or ATT, will be routed directly to the University of Maryland Department of Public Safety Emergency Communications Center
- To receive text alerts for emergencies, severe weather alerts, crime alerts and school closings, please sign up for the UMD emergency notification system at www.alert.umd.edu
- Emergency phones are located throughout the campus
- UMD has a 24-hour public safety department