Achiever is the magazine of University of Maryland University College. Read compelling feature stories and connect with students, faculty, alumni and friends who are making a difference in our world.
Experience the new interactive edition of our magazine below.
Fall 2012 Issue
Hails from the Chiefs
Seven U.S. presidents commend UMUC's service to our nation's military. By Gil Klein
- News That Is Still Fit To Print
UMUC alumna and Post-Newsweek Media Inc. CEO Karen Acton makes the case for community newspapers. By Gil Klein
- Chasing History Through Time and Space
For Robert C. Moyer, exploring the history of space flight is a passion—and a link to the father he never knew. By Chip Cassano
- Teachable Moments
A conversation with Acting President Javier Miyares on his unexpected call to leadership, lessons learned in a crisis, and his vision for UMUC. By Gil Klein
- UMUC Celebrates 9,500 Graduates in Commencements Worldwide
- Faculty and Staff Donate $165,000 for Scholarships and University Initiatives
- UMUC Joins Prestigious Kalb Report Media Series Partnership
The Achiever is published by University of Maryland University College, Adelphi, Maryland. Call 301-985-7250 with your comments and suggestions or send an e-mail to email@example.com.