Now Live: A New UMUC Homepage
Over the past year, Digital Marketing has been hard at work making improvements to the UMUC website. You may have noticed our new academic category-specific microsites (Business, Cyber Security, Data Analytics, and Information Technology), the new Academic Programs link in the top navigation of the site, or websites for the Global Media Center and Impact.
We have learned from these projects and are pleased to share with you the new UMUC homepage.
With this iteration of the site, we've bridged the design gap between our existing website and academic microsites. The new homepage focuses on information about our programs, costs, and fitting it all in—the questions prospective students ask the most.
Even better, we'll measure how we're doing by analyzing traffic and interactions on the new page and key subpages so we'll know what's working, what's not, and what can be improved in future redesign initiatives.
- Overall new design—clean and fresh new look that's still consistent with the rest of our online presence.
- Stronger avenues for prospect engagement—messages they're interested in are front and center
- Timely and relevant carousel content.
- Streamlined event registration process with fewer clicks to get to a reply form.
- Tidier navigation menus.
- Links to the Global Media Center and Impact microsites available in a rotating banner toward the bottom of the page.
- Faculty menu items accessible in the Faculty section of the footer.
- Consolidated links to UMUC Asia and UMUC Europe under one heading—UMUC Worldwide—located at the top of the page.
What Hasn't Changed
- The information architecture of the rest of the site remains the same. All webpages are still in the same place, so your bookmarks will not be broken.
- The Student Login and Faculty Login links are still at the top of the page (although they may look different), along with links to our Social Media feeds.
During launch on February 20, you may see some graphic anomalies as the new design takes root, but they'll be temporary and should settle by the end of launch day.
A new, prospective student-focused homepage is another important step for Digital Marketing as we work toward the next big milestone. Thanks for helping us build a better UMUC!