The graduate certificate in Cybersecurity Technology provides students with the skills to analyze cybersecurity issues from a variety of perspectives, lead teams of cybersecurity professionals, and make strategic decisions to protect entities from cyber threats. The focus is on coherent solutions, including the effectiveness of integrated and coordinated security measures as well as multilevel and multiaspect controls.
Total Semester Hours: 18
Students must take the following courses. Courses should be taken in order.
- UCSP 615* Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete within first 6 credits of study.)
- CSEC 610 Cyberspace and Cybersecurity (6)
- CSEC 630 Prevention and Protection Strategies in Cybersecurity (6)
- CSEC 640 Monitoring, Auditing, Intrusion Detection, Intrusion Prevention, and Penetration Testing (6)
* The UCSP 615 requirement may be waived if you previously earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution. For more information, contact your academic advisor.