Certificate in Project Management
The certificate in Project Management is designed to facilitate the learning and application of skills that are critical in modern project management in both public- and private-sector organizations. The in-depth practical courses help students to develop the knowledge and skills required for effectively managing different types of projects.
Total Semester Hours: 15
Students must take the following courses:
- UCSP 615* Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC (0) (Must complete with first 6 credits of study.)
- PMAN 634 Foundations of Project Management (3)
- PMAN 635 Advanced Project Methods (3)
- PMAN 637 Project Risk Management (3)
- PMAN 638 Project Communications Management (3)
- PMAN 639 Project Quality Management (3)
Certificate Rules and Recommendations
* The UCSP 615 requirement may be waived if you previously earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution. For more information, contact your academic advisor.
1 Source: "The Human Factor: The Hard Time Employers Have Finding Soft Skills," Burning Glass Technologies, November 2015
Courses of Interest
No courses have been added yet. To add a course, click on a course title, then click "add to courses of interest" below the course description.