The world is inundated in an unprecedented surge of data. In order to help guide their organizations into the future, today's data analytics professionals need to harness the power of machine learning and comprehend and analyze big data to construct strategies that drive results. A data analytics master's degree or graduate certificate from University of Maryland University College can help you gain the practical skills and hands-on experience you need to meet this rising opportunity.
Enter the Growing Data Analytics Field
From data management to predictive analytics, mining to modeling, UMUC's data analytics programs are designed to teach you how to use technology to manage and manipulate data, master in-demand business intelligence skills, acquire hands-on experience, advance your career, and open up job opportunities.
Find the Right Program for You
With our Program Comparison Tool, you can evaluate as many as three degrees, specializations, and certificates side by side. Explore program descriptions, cost, transfer credit, program formats, course content, and more. Found your program? Use our Time and Tuition Estimator to get your estimated tuition, fees, and graduation date.
Why Study Data Analytics at UMUC
- Advance your career: At UMUC, you'll learn to manage and manipulate big data to produce valuable insights, helping you become an indispensable resource at your company.
- Gain practical skills: In your courses, you'll gain hands-on experience working with cutting-edge technology and real-world problems, and acquire skills that can be applied immediately on the job.
- Learn with open educational resources: We've replaced textbooks with no-cost digital resources for most programs. Plus, UMUC provides access to cloud-based programs such as Watson and Tableau.
- Benefit from a global campus: UMUC was founded to meet the needs of working adults. Take classes online knowing that your education is backed by the reputation of a public state university.
- Earn a master's degree faster and for less: Earn a respected Master of Science in data analytics at UMUC entirely online in just 18 months for about $25,000.
Awards & Recognition
- 1st Place | MS in Data Analytics students | Watson Analytics Global Academics Network | 2018
- 3rd Place | MS in Data Analytics students | Watson Analytics Global Academics Network | 2018
- No. 2, 2017 Watson Analytics Global Competition | University of Maryland University College Data Analytics Team | Watson Analytics Global Academics Network | 2017
- Distance Education Innovation Award Finalist | Master of Science in Data Analytics | National University Technology Network | 2016
- UPCEA Mid-Atlantic Region Outstanding Program Award | UMUC Master of Science in Data Analytics program | University Professional and Continuing Education Association, Mid-Atlantic Region | 2016
- UPCEA Mid-Atlantic Region Partnership Award | UMUC Master of Science in Data Analytics program | University Professional and Continuing Education Association, Mid-Atlantic Region | 2016
Just as UMUC paved the path for cyber security education, the university is once again at the forefront with launch of the data analytics program. We are partnering with leading employers to develop a cutting-edge curriculum that prepares our students with the skills and knowledge to compete and thrive in this growing field.
Charles Knode, PhD
Professor of Data Analytics
Most companies have traditionally been very application-based. Now it’s all about how you drive revenue and make better decisions based on data. That’s a big culture change, and you really have to be confident in what you’re doing because you’re changing an organization. A degree from UMUC, coupled with my experience, has instilled the confidence to be able to speak authoritatively on the subject.
Michael DeGiule, MS
Information Technology Master's Degree with Database Systems Technology Specialization