University of Maryland University College offers a wide range of online bachelor's and master's degrees and certificates to help prepare you for the next step in your information technology or computer science career.
Take Advantage of Abundant Job Opportunities
Find the Right Program for You
With our Program Comparison Tool, you can evaluate as many as three degrees, specializations, and certificates side by side. Explore program descriptions, cost, transfer credit, program formats, course content, and more. Found your program? Use our Time and Tuition Estimator to get your estimated tuition, fees, and graduation date.
Why Study IT at UMUC?
- Develop highly marketable skills: UMUC's IT and computer science programs are designed with input from today's top employers, providing you with technical, operational, and problem-solving skills for career advancement.
- Prepare for certification: Our curriculum can help you prepare for certification exams, including Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), and CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+).
- Learn from scholar-practitioners: Many of UMUC's IT faculty bring professional experience at the highest levels in government and private industry.
IT & Computer Science Quick Facts
Source: U.S. News & World Report | "Best Technology Jobs" | 2016
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics | "Occupational Outlook Handbook" | 2015
Source: CyberSeek | "Cyberseek: A Map to Solving the Cybersecurity Skills Gap," Burning Glass Technologies, November 1, 2016. | 2016
[My program] afforded me the ability to ask the right questions…. It’s provided me with enough knowledge to ask the right questions to ensure we’re doing the right thing as an organization, and that has been extremely valuable.
Awards and Recognition
- No. 3 Most Affordable Online Master's in Software Engineering | MS in cloud computing architecture; MS in information technology specialization in software engineering | SR Education Group | 2017
- Effective Practice Award | College Essentials of Computer Programming (UCSP 635) | Online Learning Consortium | 2016
- Program Development Award | University Professional and Continuing Education Association, Mid-Atlantic Region | 2013
- Applied Research Award | Best Practices in Cloud Computing for Collaboration in Online Education, Les Pang, PhD, and Stella Porto, DSc | University Professional and Continuing Education Association, Mid-Atlantic Region | 2012