The Friends of the Arts Program is an annual contribution program supporting the Arts Program at UMUC. By becoming a Friend, your contribution is used to help with costs associated with presenting culturally diverse exhibitions, supplemental education programs such as lectures and workshops, conservation and preservation efforts, scholarly research, educational publications and the general maintenance of UMUC art collections. Every year, the Arts Program provides diverse visual art exhibitions with educational outreach lectures, book signings, symposiums and meet-the-artist receptions. These programs have become one of the most recognizable and signature events for patrons throughout Maryland. The Program allows you to network with artists, support artists and art, build collections, understand the care for art and socialize with friends while enjoying works of art by leading and emerging artists worldwide. By becoming a Friend, you not only support the educational mission of the Arts Program but you also receive amenities as a contributor.
Enjoy Friends of the Arts Program Benefits
- Name recognition in the arts newsletter
- Invitation to exhibition openings
- Associate benefits
- 10 percent discount on specialty items produced by the Arts Program
- 10 percent discount to non-fundraising events
- Arts Program lapel pin
- Friend-level benefits
- Autographed poster from the Arts Program collection
- Arts Program lapel pin
- All Bronze-Level Friend benefits
- Name recognition on the donor's wall in the Arts Program Gallery
- Silver-Level Friend benefits
- Full-color art catalog from a major UMUC exhibition
- Gold-Level Friend benefits
- VIP invitation to dinner with the guest artist and the university president
- 10 percent discount on breakfast or lunch and 15 percent discount on dinner at the Marriott Garden Restaurant at the UMUC Inn and Conference Center
- Platinum-Level Friend benefits
- Corporate name and logo listing on UMUC Arts Program Web page, name logo listing on all printed materials for exhibitions and public relations materials for the season
- Citrine-Level Friend benefits
- Corporate art exhibition by a local artist coordinated by UMUC.(Special requirements apply; see UMUC Arts for details.)
Support the Arts Program
The Arts Program offers unique opportunities for patrons to support the development of the arts at UMUC and Maryland. The "Support the Arts Program" is another way that patrons can financially contribute to the Arts Program. This avenue for contribution is targeted to patrons who live outside Maryland and wish to help make the arts grow at UMUC. Contributions for this program are 100 percent tax deductible and support the operations of the Arts Program. The "Support the Arts Program" differs from the Friends of the Arts Program because patrons need not reside locally. Patrons of the Friends of the Arts Program enjoy certain amenities that can only be enjoyed if you live in the area. However, contributors have the option to support the arts by giving to either or both programs.
Patrons can contribute to the Leroy Merritt Center for the Art of Joseph Sheppard, establish an endowment to support future Arts Program, establish an acquisition endowment for the arts, contribute works of art to UMUC or work with our Advancement team to set up a living trust/planned giving program.
Choose How You Contribute
Your tax-deductible gift may be provided in the method of your choice, including cash donations, real property, securities trusts or annuities or insurance.
For your convenience, you may also arrange monthly electronic fund transfers or make a lifetime gift through UMUC's Heritage Society.
To become a member, sign up online by following these steps:
- Access UMUC's Online Giving Form.
- Use the "Select Fund" drop-down menu and select the fund of your choice.
- Under "Amount of Gift," choose "Other." In the "Other Gift Amount" box, enter the amount of your choice.
- Continue to fill out the donation form with your information.
For more information about the Friends of the Arts program, contact the Office of Institutional Advancement.