Degree Completion Requirements for The Graduate School
Policy Owner: Vice Provost and Dean, The Graduate School
- This policy is in accordance with the University System of Maryland Board of Regents Policy III-7.00 Policy on Degree and Curricular Requirements, approved on April 26, 1990, and outlines the degree completion requirements for The Graduate School.
- In order to be approved for graduation, students must have resolved any outstanding charges of misconduct and must have complied with the terms of any sanctions. The award of degrees and certificates is conditional upon satisfactory completion of all program requirements and compliance with all UMUC policies.
- Graduation Requirements
- To graduate with a certificate, master's degree, or doctoral degree from The Graduate School, the student must apply for graduation and meet the following criteria:
- Successful completion of the required courses, number of credit hours and other requirements as prescribed by the specific program curriculum;
- Completion of all coursework within the time frame required by the specific program, as described in the Graduate Schedules and Catalogs (Students should consult an advisor to determine which catalog applies to them); and
- The student is in Good Academic Standing as that term is defined in UMUC Policy 158.01 – Academic Standing Status for Graduate Students and has a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
|Current Policy||Prior Policy|