Responsible Owner: Vice President, Military Partnerships
Scope and Purpose
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) strives to be an institution of high integrity and is committed to ensuring that the actions and activities conducted at the university promote such an environment.
In accordance with federal regulations, 34 C.F.R. §§ 668.71-75 and the Department of Defense (DoD) Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), the university will not provide any false, erroneous, or misleading statements to a student, prospective student, or to the family of an enrolled or prospective student regarding:
- The nature of the institution's educational programs;
- The institution's financial charges; and
- The employability of the institution's graduates.
- Misleading statement: any statement that has the likelihood or tendency to deceive.
- Statement: any communication made in writing, visually, orally, or through other means.
- Misrepresentation: includes the dissemination of a student endorsement or testimonial that a student gives under undue duress or because the institution required the student to make such an endorsement or testimonial to participate in a program.
- Prospective student: Any individual who has contacted an eligible institution for the purpose of requesting information about enrolling or who has been contacted directly or indirectly through advertising.
- Substantial misrepresentation: Any misrepresentation on which the person to whom it was made could reasonably be expected to rely, or has reasonably relied, to that person's detriment.
Any UMUC employee who violates this policy may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
|Current Policy||Prior Policy|