UMUC-NMFA Scholarship for Military Spouses
Through the UMUC-NMFA Scholarship program, University of Maryland University College awards up to 15 scholarships, worth up to $1,500 each, through the National Military Family Association to spouses of active-duty, Reservist, and/or National Guard servicemembers.
The scholarship is available to new or prospective students who have never attended UMUC prior to spring 2019 and who will be seeking a first undergraduate degree at UMUC. The scholarship will cover up to two full courses (6 credits). Spouses must be registered with NMFA before submitting an online application for admission to UMUC to be eligible.
Applications will be accepted through December 31, 2018.
A candidate for this scholarship must be a UMUC student who
- Is a registered member of the NMFA
- Is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident noncitizen
- Is a new or prospective student to UMUC (never attended UMUC prior to spring 2019)
- Is a military spouse of an active-duty, Reserve, or National Guard servicemember
- Is a degree-seeking student pursuing a first undergraduate degree
- Is enrolled or will enroll in at least 6 credits during spring 2019
- Is not receiving 100 percent Tuition Assistance or reimbursement from work
- Is not eligible for 100 percent veterans benefits (COE level needs to be less than 100 percent)
Scholarship Deadline Information
Students must apply for the NMFA Scholarship by December 31, 2018, for spring 2019.