Each year, University of Maryland University College recognizes the highest teaching accomplishments by bestowing the Stanley J. Drazek Teaching Excellence Award to outstanding faculty members in the United States, Europe, and Asia. The UMUC Teaching Recognition Award is also given to other exceptional faculty with notable teaching achievements.
The process of bestowing this honor begins with student nominations. If you wish to nominate your instructor(s) for this prestigious award, please complete the form below. Nominations are collected throughout the calendar year and awards are given the following spring.
Please note that you must submit a separate form for each faculty member you would like to nominate.
Please use the fields below to answer the following two questions in 100 words or more per question.
- Why are you nominating this faculty member for a teaching award? Please include in your response why you believe them to be an outstanding teacher with supporting details.
- How has this faculty member helped you to do the following:
- Achieve your goals in this course
- See new professional possibilities
- Apply course skills to your work and community