University of Maryland University College offers homework computer labs at the Academic Center at Largo and Dorsey Station. The labs are open to UMUC students, faculty, staff, and alumni on a first-come, first-served basis.
An active UMUC account (username and password) is required to use the labs. You may wish to bring a USB flash drive to store your classwork.
Students may also access computer labs at the following locations in Maryland that are not operated by UMUC. Hours of operation vary by location. Select a location to view more details about the available computer labs.
- Arundel Mills
- Laurel College Center
- Shady Grove
- Southern Maryland Higher Education Center
- Waldorf Center for Higher Education
Guidelines for Using Computing Facilities
To ensure high-quality service to all of our users, we will enforce the following rules at all of our facilities.
- Computing facilities are for the use of UMUC students, faculty, alumni, and staff only.
- Quiet must be maintained in all of UMUC's public-access computing facilities.
- No eating, drinking, or smoking is permitted in any of UMUC's computing facilities.
- Children are not permitted in computing facilities and may not, under any circumstances, be in the building unsupervised.
- We subscribe to a strict antipiracy policy. You may not use our computers to duplicate copyrighted software.
- We do not allow our facilities to be used for playing computer games.