Note: The Save as Draft function allows students and faculty to save a draft of a new discussion thread before publishing it. The Save as Draft function is not available when posting a reply to a thread.
- From the course homepage, click Discussions. (Note: In some classrooms, you may be required to click the My Tools dropdown menu to select Discussions.)
- Click the applicable Topic link.
- Click Start a New Thread. (For more information about how to start a new thread, please refer to the following article: LEO: How do I add a post to a discussion?)
- Create the subject and body for your thread and click Save as Draft. Any postings that you have saved as a draft will not be visible to the class.
- To make edits to your draft, click the subject of your message (highlighted in blue) or the dropdown arrow next to the subject to edit your post.
- Note: If you navigate away from your draft before publishing it, you may not see your draft when you return to the Topic page. To see a list of saved drafts, select the down arrow next to Filter by: All Threads and then check the "Drafts" box. A list of all available saved drafts will appear.
6. When you are ready to publish your post, click Publish.
7. Your thread will now show your name and the date and time that you published it.