University of Maryland University College students, faculty and staff have access to free Wi-Fi while visiting participating universities and research institutions around the world through Eduroam. Eduroam provides secure and fast wireless access at University of Maryland University College locations, University of Maryland College Park, and at institutions throughout the United States and in more than 50 countries.
Eduroam Username and Password
- Your Eduroam username is composed of two parts: your UMUC username and @umuc.edu. For example, if you log into UMUC systems with the username jdoe12, your Eduroam username would be firstname.lastname@example.org. This is not the same as any email address you may have from University of Maryland University College.
- Your Eduroam password is the same as the UMUC password you use for all UMUC systems.
1. Using a computer or mobile device, look for "eduroam" in your device's list of available wireless networks when you are visiting a participating institution. (View maps of participating institutions in the United States and worldwide)
2. Select the "eduroam" network to begin the login process.3. Most computers and Apple mobile devices: Enter your Eduroam username (see information above) and password. If presented with a certificate message, you will need to select "Trust" to continue.
Android devices: Enter the following information when prompted:
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: None
- CA Certificate: Do not validate
- Identity: [email@example.com] (see information above)
- Anonymous identity: (leave blank)
- Password: Your UMUC password (this is the same password you use for all UMUC systems)
4. If necessary, select Join/Next/Connect to complete the Eduroam sign-in process.
Manual Login Option
If the instructions above do not work for your device's operating system, you may try configuring your device with these settings to connect to Eduroam:
- Network/SSID: eduroam (you may have to manually type this in)
- Network Authentication Method: WPA2 or WPA (also sometimes called WPA2, WPA2-RADIUS, or WPA2-Enterprise)
- Data Encryption Method: AES (if WPA2) or TKIP (if WPA)
- EAP Type: TTLS
- Authentication Protocol: PAP
- Outer Identity: UMUCusername@umuc.edu