Faculty and students can automatically forward their University of Maryland University College e-mail to another e-mail address. Staff e-mail accounts are not enabled with Forwarding and POP/IMAP. If you choose to forward your mail, your University address will continue to receive messages; however, you can enjoy the convenience of reading and responding to messages from another account.
- Open a browser and go to mail.umuc.edu. Click Check my e-mail below your role (Student, Faculty, or Staff).
- On the Single Sign-on page, enter your username and password and click Login.
If needed, you can retrieve your forgotten username and password before continuing.
- Open Settings under the Gear Icon in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab on the settings page.
- In the Forwarding section, select the Add A Forwarding Address button.
- Enter the e-mail address where you would like your messages forwarded to and click Next.
- A verification message will be sent to the e-mail address you entered. Open the confirmation message and click the verification link.
- Return to the Settings panel and either:
- Enter the confirmation code from the verification e-mail; or
- Refresh the Settings page
- Select the Forward a copy of incoming mail to… option and select your forwarding addresses from the drop down menu.
- Select how you would like to treat incoming mail:
- Keep UMUC Mail's copy in the Inbox
- Mark UMUC Mail's copy as read
- Archive UMUC Mail's copy
- Delete UMUC Mail's copy
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.