- Faculty members are unable to change a final grade until after the original grade has been processed. The original grade submitted may take one to two business days to process. You can verify that grades have been processed once the Request Grade Change link is visible in the Grade Roster Action box in MyUMUC (See Step 6).
- These instructions apply for changing both letter grades and Incompletes. Instructions for assigning an Incomplete are available at MyUMUC: How do I assign an incomplete grade? (Faculty).
- Grades for a semester that ended four or more months ago cannot be changed directly in the MyUMUC faculty portal. Undergraduate and Graduate School faculty must submit or change grades within four months of the end of the semester. If you are unable to enter or change a grade for a class that has ended, please contact your department academic director for assistance.
Step 1: Go to https://www.umuc.edu/myumuc/, select the MyUMUC for Staff/Faculty box, and log in with your username and password. Under MyMenu, select To Faculty Portal.
Step 2: Select the Faculty Center tab from the top navigation bar.
Step 3: Click My Schedule under the Classes section.
Step 4: If you wish to enter grades for a prior term, select Change Term.
Step 5: Select the Grade Roster icon to the left of your desired class.
Step 6: Click Request Grade Change. (Please note that this link becomes visible after the initial posting of grades.)
Step 7: In the column labeled Official Grade, select a new grade from the drop-down list.
Step 8: When you are finished changing grades, click Submit. The Student Affairs department will process your changed grades and will post them to students' accounts.
- MyUMUC times-out after approximately 20 minutes of inactivity.
- Student Affairs will access your changed grades so that they may process the grades and post them to students' accounts.
- When issuing a grade of Incomplete, all fields on the Incomplete screen must be filled out.