You can restrict a forum or topic so that it is only accessible to members of a specific group or section. This enables you to:
- Create group discussion areas where members of a group can collaborate on assignments or discuss course material in small teams.
- Create separate forums or topics for each section in a course offering.
Note: You must create groups or sections before you can set forum and topic restrictions.
- From the course home page, select Discussions. Note: You may be required to click the My Tools drop down menu to select Discussions.
- Click the Group and Section Restrictions tab.
- Select a Group or Section Category from the drop down list.
- Select the Forum containing the topics you want to restrict or select All Forums from the drop down list.
- To restrict a Forum or Topic to specific groups or sections, select the checkbox in the Restricted column, then select the group(s) you want to have access to the Forum or Topic.
- Click Save.