You can automatically create a discussion topic for each group in a category. Topic names automatically derive from the groups and group categories they are associated with.
- On the course home page, select Discussions. Note: You may be required to click the My Tools drop down menu to select Discussions.
- Click the Group and Section Restrictions tab.
- Select a Group or Section Category and a Form.
- Click Automatically create restricted topics
- On the Create Restricted Topics page, the Group and Section Category and Forum selection can be changed using the drop-down menu. Note: To create a new Forum select the [New Forum] tab, enter a Title, Description, and click Save.
- Click Create.