Release Conditions enable you to specify requirements that students must satisfy before they can access a discussion forum or topic.
For example, you can require students to view a content topic or submit an assignment to a dropbox folder before accessing a discussion topic. Or, you might create a topic to provide extra help for students who fail a particular quiz.
- From the course home page, select Discussions. Note: You may be required to select the My Tools drop down menu to select Discussions.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to a Forum or Topic and click Edit Forum or Edit Topic. Note: You can also set release conditions when creating a new Forum or Topic.
- Click on the Restrictions tab.
- In the Release Conditions section do one of the following:
- Click Attach Existing, select the condition you want to add, and click Attach. This is used if you have already created a Release Condition elsewhere and want to attach it to the Forum or Topic.
- Click Create and Attach, select a Condition Type, and then click Create. This is used if you want to add a Release Condition that does not already exist.
- Select one of the following from the drop-down menu To access this item, users must satisfy:
- All conditions must be met
- Any condition must be met
- Select Save and Close, Save and Add Topic, or Save.