LEO: How do I take a quiz?
Best Practices for Taking a Quiz
- Before you begin, clear browser cache, temporary internet files. How do I clear cache and temporary Internet files?
- Open only one browser window and close applications that are not necessary for taking your quiz.
- Save responses as you answer each question. Saving too many responses at once may cause your quiz to freeze and fail to save the responses.
- Important: Closing your browser window does not save your unfinished quiz attempt.
To save an unfinished quiz, click Save All Responses, click the drop-down arrow beside your name at the top of the screen, and select Log Out. If you do not save your quiz, your session will time-out and be saved as an official attempt.
- Please note that students cannot attach or upload documents to an exam or quiz.
Instructions to Take a Quiz
- From the Course Home page, click My Tools and select Quizzes from the drop down menu.
- On the Quiz List page, click the title of the quiz you want to open.
- Read the instructions and details for the quiz.
- Click Start Quiz!
- On the Confirmation page, click OK to begin.
- Click the corresponding Save button after answering each question. Click Save All Responses if you are not finished answering all questions on a single page, or if you are working on a time-consuming question and need to save your answers to other questions. You can change your answers before submitting the quiz for grading.
- To save an unfinished quiz, click Save All Responses, click the drop-down arrow beside your name at the top of the screen, and select Log Out. If you do not save your quiz, your session will time-out and be saved as an official attempt.
- Click Go to Submit Quiz when you are ready to submit.
Note: If you try to submit a quiz with unanswered questions, you will see a warning at the top of the Submit Quiz page noting you have not answered all questions. Click each link beneath the warning to return to each unanswered question.
- After you answer all quiz questions, click Submit Quiz.
- Students will NOT receive an email confirmation of a successful submission.
- Students can confirm submission by going to MyTools > Class Progress > Quizzes
- If you are taking a quiz and it freezes (most likely due to inactivity), try opening a new browser and accessing the quiz again to see if you can resume where you left off.
- If you exceed the time limit and are unable to submit the quiz, please ask your professor to submit the quiz on your behalf.