If your Firefox privacy settings are set to block third-party cookies, then you may be unable to view content in your online classroom, University of Maryland University College online applications, and on other websites. Follow the steps below to allow third-party cookies while working with University of Maryland University College applications.
- Click on the Firefox tab at the top left corner of the window and select Options.
- Select the Privacy tab. Click on the dropdown menu arrow for the field Firefox will, and select Use custom settings for history if it is not already selected.
- Make sure Accept cookies from sites is checked. Make sure Accept third-party cookies is checked and is set to Always. Then, choose how long cookies are allowed to be stored:
- Keep until: they expire: Each cookie will be removed when it reaches its expiration date, which is set by the site that sent the cookie.
- Keep until: I close Firefox: The cookies that are stored on your computer will be removed when Firefox is closed.
- Keep until: ask me every time: Firefox will display an alert every time a website tries to send a cookie, and asks you whether or not you want to store it.
- Click OK to close the Options window.