VA Benefits: How can I find out if I'm eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill?

Your first step will be to contact the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to determine if you are eligible for the Post9/11 GI Bill.

Learn more about tuition assistance for military personnel on the UMUC wesbite.

After you’ve confirmed through the VA that you are eligible, please send a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to UMUC's Military/Veterans Department, as follows:

Once you have registered for classes, you will want to certify them through your MyUMUC Student portal, as follows:

  1. Log into MyUMUC.
  2. Click on MyMilitary, located on the menu bar.
  3. Click on the Request for Certification link.
  4. Select your current term and then complete the form.

The VA will submit payment directly to UMUC. If you are not 100 percent eligible, any additional amount that you owe will be due after the VA has submitted their portion of the payment.

If you have additional questions, please contact a UMUC Veterans Affairs Advisor at 800-888-8682.