If you were dismissed or suspended from another institution within the past two years for academic reasons, you may apply for admission to the University of Maryland University College as a provisional student. Once admitted, there are restrictions on the number of credits you may take during a semester. You must contact an Admissions Advisor on the Undergraduate Advising Operations Team during your first semester and you must submit official transcripts of all previous college-level work by the end of your first semester.
Disciplinary Suspension or Dismissal from Any Institution
If you are on disciplinary suspension or dismissal from any institution, you may not be admitted (or reinstated, if dismissed from the University of Maryland University College) until we have reviewed the circumstances. Be sure to complete a new application or, if previously dismissed, write a letter requesting reinstatement early so that we can complete our review in time for you to register, if approved.
Reinstatement After Dismissal from the University of Maryland University College
If you were dismissed from the University of Maryland University College and you would like to be readmitted, you must first petition for reinstatement, and then reapply.
Apply for Reinstatement:
- Wait at least one semester before petitioning for reinstatement.
- Have all official transcripts from previously attended colleges and universities sent to the University of Maryland University College, preferably before meeting with an Admissions Advisor.
- Meet with a member of the Center of Student Success to discuss the reinstatement process before petitioning for reinstatement to plan the courses you wish to take if reinstated, and to develop a plan for overcoming academic difficulties. Please send your petition to the Center for Student Success via e-mail to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- Fall enrollment: July 15
- Spring enrollment: November 15
- Summer enrollment: April 15