VA Benefits: How do I apply for Veterans Benefits at University of Maryland University College?

If this is your first time requesting veterans benefits, you should complete and submit the VA Benefits Application at The application takes 4-8 weeks to process, after which time you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). You can enroll in classes while the application is being processed.

Once you've received your COE, send a copy to the Veterans Certification Office:

If you are using Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation, you'll also need to submit a copy of the VA Form 28-1905 to the Veterans Certification Office. Veterans can request the VA Form 28-1905 from their VA case manager and should submit it to:

If you previously used veterans benefits at another institution, you will need to complete and submit VA Form 22-1995. You can find this form at .You will not receive another Certificate of Eligibility (COE), but you can request a duplicate copy if you are no longer in possession of the original copy.

Click here to learn more about using your Veterans Benefits at the University of Maryland University College.

Additional questions regarding Veterans Benefits eligibility should be directed to the US Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-442-4551.

More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available on the GI Bill website.