- Log in to MyUMUC and go to Class Search.
- Search for Undergraduate or Graduate classes by selecting one of the tabs at the top of the page.
- Scroll down the page and use the Semester dropdown menu to select a term and Subject or Location, which are required to initiate a search. There are optional search fields available by clicking Advanced Search, including Course Number, Class Format, and Class Number.
- View your search results at the bottom of the page. To read the course description or to add a course to your planner to consider later, click the kebab menu icon to the right of the course name.
- Click the course name to open the available sections.
- Click Add Class to Cart next to your preferred section.
- Click the Shopping Cart icon at the top right of the screen.
- Select the semester you're registering for from the drop-down menu.
- Select the classes that you want to register for by checking the box to the left of the course name.
- Click the Register for Classes button. You will receive a message with the status of your registration.
Some graduate students will be able to register via My Next Course and will use a different registration process than described above. When you go to the Class Search page, you will see your next course in the next open semester in which it is being taught.
- Select from the section options listed. If there is more than one semester open, you can use the Show me a different term drop down to see options in another semester.
- Click the Register button next to your preferred section.
- You will get a Confirm Registration pop-up that requires you to click Register again to confirm your registration. You will receive a message with the status of your registration. Note: You do not use the Shopping Cart if registering via My Next Course.
- Once you register, if there is another semester open for registration, you will be given the option to register for the next course in your program.
- If you aren’t ready to register yet, check the I’m not ready to register… box and provide the reason you aren’t ready. An advisor will follow-up.
- If you want to search for hybrid courses or additional options, click the Search Classes tab, where you can search for courses as described above.