Perkins Loans: How do I apply for a Federal Perkins Loan?

To apply for a Perkins Loan, you must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You do not have to request a Perkins Loan. Once the University of Maryland University College receives your Student Aid Report (SAR), the Financial Aid Office will determine your eligibility. Click here to complete and submit a FAFSA application.

Note: Undergraduate students who were eligible and received Perkins Loans fund in 2015-2016 will have priority for available funding for 2016-2017. Any new borrowers, who have exceptional need, will be awarded any remaining funds. Perkins Loans are no longer available for Graduate Students. 

Federal Student Aid PIN replaced by the FSA ID
Applicants who complete the FAFSA online use a Federal Student Aid PIN to sign their FAFSA; however, effective May 10, 2015, the FSA ID has replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN. Click here for more information and instructions on how to create a FSA ID.

Important information pertaining to the Federal Perkins Loan program can be viewed by clicking the following link: Perkins Loan Program