Financial Aid: Can I file for financial aid prior to completing my taxes

You can complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA ) even if your tax return is not yet filed. You can estimate your tax amounts for now. Once tax return is filed, corrections can be made to your file on the Federal Student Aid web site. You may be selected for verification once the actual income information is submitted. The UMUC Financial Aid Office will contact you for your verification documentation, if necessary.